Buckley Education is a Certified Test Center for the SSAT Flex Test
(Secondary School Admission Test)
There are a multitude of reasons that impact your student’s performance:
- Your child may need more individualized, personal attention
- The academic philosophy of the school may be incompatible with your child’s needs
- The classroom structure may be too large or too distracting
- Your child may be unchallenged academically
Deciding if the local public school is the best fit or making the decision to opt for a private or independent day, or boarding, program involves understanding the individual needs of your student. Understanding the philosophy and mission of the educational institution is a necessary and integral component of the search process.
How to Find the Right Elementary School
The team at Buckley starts the planning and placement process with a completed evaluation that considers:
- A complete review of all applicable records, including grades, aptitude and achievement tests, and any supplemental data provided by the client
- An initial interview plus follow-up meetings with the family
- A discussion of family goals and objectives
- A compilation of options for the family to consider
- Assistance with placement testing such as ERB, ISEE and or SSAT
- Advocacy for Individual Education Plans (IEPs) or 504 Plans
How Do I Know If Private or Public Education Is the ‘Best Fit’ for My Child?
Understanding your child is first and foremost: By being keenly aware of your child’s innate talents, passions and strengths, you can assess which school will meet and develop the individual qualities of your child.
If My Child Is Struggling in their Current Educational Setting, What Should I Do?
Students struggle in school for reasons that are generally related to:
- Emotional factors
- Academic struggles
- Peer relationships
- The appropriateness of the school setting
The best first steps are to talk with your child’s teachers, observe your child’s behavior out of school, and ascertain emotional factors contributing to school achievement.
Resources for Elementary School Planning